What are the probable causes of Acne Vulgaris (Pimples), Acne Scars?
1) Acne can be manifested in forms such as tiny bumps on the skin of the face, upper body, back, hands, legs, buttocks and the head, which may be black termed as blackheads, white bumps that are known as whiteheads, red or red colored, pus filled, or huge, firm nodules. Whenever they heal, they leave dark pigmented areas and often pit like acne scars on the skin which can badly deform the way the skin appears.
2) Most likely, children in their teens suffer from this pimple problem, though it can still show up till the late twenties and thirties. They can appear during pregnancy, out of nowhere and refuse to go thereafter. Some people may start suffering from these after they have crossed 40s. Women may start getting these around menopause.
Different type of Acne
Acne Vulgaris – This type of acne is the is the most common form. Characteristics of acne vulgaris appears as papules, whiteheads, blackheads, pustules and cystic nodules.
Acne Conglobata – This is a severe form of acne vulgaris. Acne conglobata (AC) occurs when acne cysts and nodules begin to grow together deep below the skin.
Acne Fulminans – This type of acne is a severe form of acne conglobate. The ulcerated lesions can lead to severe scarring.
Acne Rosacea – This common form of acne appears as a red rash that can occur on the nose, cheeks and chin. It may also be accompanied by pimples, bumps, and blemishes and may cause parts of the face such as the nose (rhinophyma), cheeks and chin to protrude.
Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans) – This is a severe form of acne that causes large, painful pustules and nodules and may lead to severe scarring if left untreated.
Gram-Negative Folliculitis – This rare bacterial infection is characterized by cysts and pustules.
3) Predisposing factors for acne.
Acne Vulgaris is generally associated with modifications in hormones or hormonal imbalance, which in turn impacts the skin in teenage. Heredity, maternity, polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), some medications, hormonal disturbances etc. may cause acne. Additionally acne causing bacteria(P.Acne) in the skin may also be responsible in causing acne. It is said that food also plays some role in causing acne, but there is no concrete evidence for the same. If you feel any of the foods that you are consuming is increasing your pimple problem, the best way is to avoid consuming such food items.
t is advised that a skin specialist examines your skin and evaluates your skin type, particularly for serious and persistent pimples, to treat the underlying cause if any and avoid pigmentation and scarring.
we offer different treatment including Oral antibiotics, retinoid, local antibiotics, chemical peel, laser and cosmetic surgery.
Acne Keloidalis Nuchae
- Acne keloidalis nuchae is most prevalent in African Americans; however, it has occasionally been reported in Hispanics and Asians, and, rarely, in whites
- It is very uncommon in females
- The condition most commonly arises between the ages of 14 and 25 years. Lesions manifesting prior to puberty or in patients older than 50 years are unusual
- Some patients have a history of significant acne vulgaris
- Acne excoriée is self induced condition and occurs particularly in young females
- There are two reasons for this presentation:
- Very occasionally patients with very mild acne just pick acne spots in the belief that simply by so doing that will help the acne.
- In the other subgroup, the majority, there may be underlying psychological problems, which are often difficult to unravel. There may even be no pathological acne lesions, the patient just scratches the skin – such patients may be considered to have dermatitis artifacta and / or dysmorphophobia